Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Blue Print - Written on Sunday, October 31, 2004

We all think that we have the luxury of choice. What if 'choice' was just something with which we delude ourselves. Perhaps we don't really have choices in our lives. We never really had any.

Everything that we choose is subject to our preferences. and our preferences, in turn, are and have always been influenced by external elements and situations... even by other people and their "choices". In this context, it seems that every choice that we make has been previously influenced by a whole network of other circumstances. This "choice" is, therefore, the result of a naturally infinite succession of intertwined events, each influencing the other. In short, no 'choice' is ever independent.

All that was, is and will be has been preordained. Reality, as we know it, is merely the unfolding of what has already been set. This is what i refer to as 'the blue print'. All events in history happened the way they happened because that was how they were meant to be. They couldn't have occurred in any other way.

Now, the real intrigue, is the realisation of one's functionality in the blue print. We all have certain functions to perform and it's our nature. Each individual and his/her particular character and personality... all part of the ingredients that make up the person and his/her thoughts and actions. The very effect of their existence is the function ... their part in the blue print.

11 comments:

Rakesh Kumar said...

Here's to a brand new start. Transfer your other posts too.

Creophagus said...

At November 2, 2004 1:10 AM, Anonymous said...

At first, I thought it was a ridiculous notion. And that was because it seemed as though this theory was claiming to deprive us of our free will. But I guess I was only reacting to it with resistance because I couldn't accept even the possibility of such a thing.

After reading that last bit about "functionality", I see it from a higher perspective now. It's true... we all have a role to play in this life and we didn't choose to be here, yet we are here. Must be a reason for it. Thanks for the insight.

Phoebe

Creophagus said...

At November 2, 2004 1:19 AM, Anonymous said...

First of all, I'd like to know what the heck 'fisticated' means.
As for the idea of a so-called 'blue print', I don't know. Sounds kinda morbid, doesn't it? To say that we don't have choices in our lives. Then why are we still living? Or rather, existing?
I must say though, the functionality part of that article sounds very logical.
-Lady Luck

Creophagus said...

At November 2, 2004 1:29 AM, Anonymous said...

I think Phoebe hit it home when she said that none of us chose to be here, but we are and that there must be a reason. I agree.

Pehaps the seeking of that reason is part of the journey to the discovery of that "function". Once we discover that function, we will know our place in the blue print... in other word, our place in God's plan. This is a really interesting thought.

Liz

Creophagus said...

At November 2, 2004 1:42 AM, Anonymous said...

Hi buddy (hi sara)...sara's friend here so it is interesting about the blue print you cannot say it is right but you can't say it is wrong....well that is Sara always coming up with mindboggling theories, but trust me there will be more and we all can board the sara ego train...and enjoy the ride for rest assured the ego has landed....

Suben

Creophagus said...

At November 2, 2004 1:59 AM, Blogger Groucho said...

The first two paragraph makes absolute sense now. It agrees with my thinking that choices we make are influenced by the e-factors, namely education, environment, exposure and experience. Of course you can keep on adding the e's like, empty wallet.

As for the rest of the two paragraphs, still not sure. The first two paragraph somehow does not flow to the third and fourth. Either you have missed out some clarification or I need to go to elementary school again. Choose your pick. Let's continue discussion here, not on the mamak stall, where the time is allocated for more thought provoking discussion like movies and babes. Will watch out for further blogs.

Hey, doesn't blog rhyme with Borg. Hehe.

Creophagus said...

At November 2, 2004 6:37 PM, Anonymous said...

I can't say that I agree with this blue print theory, but it's an interesting one nevertheless.

The part about the function sounds acceptable though. I'm contradicting myself here, aren't I? It's just that I find it difficult to accept that we don't have a choice in life. I believe that our life is made up of choices that we make independently.

And as for the friend of this blog owner (Suben).. I don't think the subject at hand has anything to do with anyone's ego. So why so insecure? Let's stick to the matter of the blue print.

Lam (PJ)

Creophagus said...

At November 2, 2004 7:44 PM, Anonymous said...

Anyway, I believe in God and there is nothing that can determine our path other than Him.
It's doesn't make sense to say that we don't have choices in life. God is the source of everything. Everything is by God.
-Jai

Creophagus said...

At November 3, 2004 3:18 AM, Anonymous said...

hi there,
i must say that its rather an interesting thought, i dont think i have ever thought of the choices i have made or whatever that was given to me in such a depth. the word choice is a little one but that most of us take for granted, what can i say... you have definately given this word a whole new meaning, enjoyed reading it and do keep me posted if you have other interesting thoughts such as this one...would definately love to read.
Nisha

Creophagus said...

At February 16, 2005 11:35 PM, Anonymous said...

dear sara
an overwhelming thought.. any specific references pls? don tell me i have to read Niezche? aararargggh!!!!

i HAVE to have a chat with you...
malizah

Rakesh Kumar said...

Looking forward for future postings.